Tuesday 13 August 2013

Nottinghamshire Great War Roll of Honour



Nottinghamshire County Council have recently put together a searchable database of World War One memorials.

This is the result for my Great-great Uncle Harold Richardson:

Person Details
Date of death  03 Jul 2016
Age at death  35
Service number  8434
Rank  Sergeant
Military Unit  12th Bn. Northumberland Fusiliers

Remembered on
Hyson Green - St Stephens War Memorial as Harold Richardson Sergeant 12th Bn. Northumberland Fusiliers


I think this may be him:

but I could be wrong - I've tried a few different places, but haven't yet managed to get his cap badge identified with any certainty.

It's great to know where he is commemorated though & I'll be going to have a look in St Stephens next time I'm in Nottingham.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home