Tuesday 5 November 2013

Tuesday's Tip - a follow up



This is just a follow up from my previous Tuesday Tip in which I'd overcome a brick wall by checking a previous failed search more carefully.

Today I've received a copy of my 3x great-grandparent's marriage certificate:


Information on this marriage certificate means I now know for definite that Sarah's father was Samuel, who was employed as a maltster.   I also have a name - Benjamin - and occupation - collier - for Joseph Baker, which will also help me in a census search.

It has given me another variation of Sarah's surname - it could be either Simlett or Simnett so this will need more careful checking but will help me when I search the census returns for her parents.  It shows that it is always worth checking all available sources for each person - variations in spelling can lead to a brick wall.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home